Monday, February 9, 2009

Clock!

So I've been a huge fan of Designspongeonline.com for the longest time and have always admired the DIY/Makeover projects. Some of the changes are stunning. Just a simple outline of the chest of drawers in white paint, and a change of the knobs can make such a great difference.

Here's one of my own small makeover projects. I have had this corkboard for years and have been using it to pin up random photos, drawings and have a collection of school pins that has been with me since junior college. Those garish blue and pink borders with the embarassing hearts and poppies were my own artwork back in the hey days when blue and pink went together like chocolate cookies and milk.

Before

So last night I decided that was going to be the end of it all. I bought some green and white paint and did what I had to do to convert the board into a clock-slash-photo board that I wouldn't be ashamed to put up anymore.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment